Pagini

duminică, 11 octombrie 2015

PORK, BEAN & BEER CHILI

   I don't know what is happening with the weather outside but it became really cold. If I wouldn't know I would say that it's almost Christmas and I can't help myself singing carols. However, since today is sunday and I had some free time on my hand I decided to make a dish that it's more time consuming. I wanted something savory and spicy to warm me up so this chili recipe sound like the perfect choice.

   I usualy do chili with smoked pork shoulder or smoked sausage and I let the meat in chunks, because this is how my mother does it and this is the way how we, romanians, do it. This time although I decided to do it with minced pork and I wasn't disappointed.

























PORK, BEAN & BEER CHILI
serves 6

600g minced pork
400g beans
1 big onion
1 can tomatoes
1 cup of beer - any beer you like
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 bell pepper - any kind you like, I used red
1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dry basil
2-3 tablespoons oil
salt and pepper

   If you're using dry beans like I did, put them the night before in water to hydrate. Next day, throw the water, cover them with fresh water, add one carrot, one onion, 2 bay leaves and salt. Boil it until is done, about 1.5 - 2 hours. (reserve the water)
   Chop the onion and fry it a little bit in a pot, add the minced pork, salt and keep stiring it and fry it until all the meat juice is evaporated. When the meat is fried and crumbled add the chopped bell pepper, minced garlic and all spices. Fry them a little bit then stir in the beer and tomatoes and bring it to a boil then reduce it to a low simmer for 30 minutes stiring occasionally. Add water if the mixture becomes too dry ( I added some water from beans).
   After 30 minutes, stir in the beans and add some more water if it needs until you reach your desired consistency. Let it simmer another 30 minutes and you're done!

   You can top it with chopped parsley and serve it with some sour cream.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu